VOLUNTEER & EARN MORE IN YOUR PIGGY BANK!
This Little Piggy depends on quality volunteers to make each sale a success.
Volunteering is a rewarding experience with many extra benefits.Volunteer with one 3 hour shift will:
- Consignors will earn 65% of their total consignment sales along with an early admittance pass to the private presale and discount sales.
- Non-consigning volunteer will receive one pass to the private presale.
- In addition to the above, consignors will earn 70% of their total consignment sales.
- Non-consigning volunteer will receive early admittance passes to both the private presale and private discount sale.
- Earn 60% of their total sales.
- Shop before the public at the Private PreSale.
What does it mean to volunteer?
As a volunteer you will help check in items (you’ll be first to see what items will be for sale), neatly organize items on the sales floor, assist customers, and help sort unsold items after the event. Anyone is eligible to volunteer –Moms, Dads, Grandparents, and Friends. We are always in need of male volunteers especially during set-up and tear down to help with the heavier lifting.
- SETTING UP: Come join us to set up shop. Dress comfortably to set up racks and tables. Some lifting required. Husbands are always welcome to volunteer for your 3 HOUR SHIFT!!!!
- DROP OFFS: Come see what everyone else is selling! You will inspect items for quality and put inventory away. Volunteer to do drop offs while you are already there dropping off your own items.
- ORGANIZING FOR SALE: Come work this fast paced shift as we organize and set-up for the sale.
- SALES FLOOR ASSISTANT: Help keep items organized and assist shoppers that need help during the sale.
- RE-SORTING: Sort donated items and unsold items. Bring your unsold items home with you along with your check.
- SCANNER CASHIER: Be in charge of scanning in the items customers purchasing. These positions are not open to the public and will be assigned by the This Little Piggy staff.
- VOLUNTEER SNACKS: Pregnant Consignors Only – 20+ weeks and over: Purchase 2 – 24-pks of water, 1 extra large can of mixed nuts, and 1 mini snack variety packs (protein bars, crackers, etc.). Bring them to the sale anytime on the day of drop off. Pregnant consignors that would like to help us will be assigned positions that do not require manual labor or long periods of time on their feet. We also offer our pregnant consignors the opportunity to bring snacks and/or distribute flyers. First come/first serve. To sign up as a pregnant volunteer, you will need to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SORTING AND BREAKDOWN: Be part of the group that sorts donated items and unsold items by consignor at the end of the sale. The more volunteers the quicker it goes. Save yourself a trip and bring your unsold items home with you!
- Please do not ask us to hold or purchase items before the presale. We must be fair and consistent to all our team members.
Who can volunteer?
CONSIGNORSRegistered consignors are automatically eligible to volunteer at the sale. Consignors get to pre-shop before the public dates, but those who volunteer get earlier entry into the Pre-Sale than consignors who do not volunteer. Consignors who complete one 3-hour work shift will earn an extra 5% back on their total sales (65% instead of 60%). Consignors who complete two 3-hour work shifts will earn an extra 10% back on their total sales (70% instead of 60%).
NON-CONSIGNORSConsigning is not mandatory to participate as a volunteer at the sale. Non-consignors must register as a volunteer and complete their first shift before the Volunteer Presale. You will receive your shopping pass at the end of your work shift. Volunteers shop Thursday, February 28 at 5:00 PM.
- In order to achieve a successful event, we rely on our volunteers to complete the shift obligation they signed up for. Volunteers must be on time and stay for their entire shift (unless released early by a TLPC sale owner) in order to obtain the benefits. Please arrive 10 minutes early to your shift so that you can receive duty instructions.
- If you must cancel or reschedule a work shift, please do so as soon as possible. You can remove/alter a work shift by logging in to the volunteer registration system until it’s offline on the evening before drop-offs begin.
- Volunteers who do not follow through with their commitment will not be allowed to volunteer at future events, and a “no-show” fee will be deducted from your consignor check in the amount of $25.
- Children are NOT allowed to accompany moms on their working shifts, with one exception — if you are a new mom who is able to work while carrying your young infant in a sling. If you are a new mom interested in volunteering, please let us know so we can assign you “a new mommy” job.
- This policy has been created in order to maintain a high quality sale. We want to attract only volunteers who are responsible and dependable. Please thoughtfully consider the commitment before you put your name down for a shift.
Shifts are limited~Sign up now to get the best shift for your schedule!